| Staff Writers
Are you ready to find your fit?
Crown College began in 1916 when four students wanted to study the Bible and quickly developed into a training school for those who wanted to prepare for the ministry or missionary work. The school became known as St. Paul Bible Institute shortly after it began and developed a reputation as a leader in Bible education throughout the Midwest.
During the 1950s, the college became known as St. Paul Bible College and earned accreditation through the Association for Biblical Higher Education. Curriculum at the school expanded and, as new majors were introduced, the institution outgrew its location in St. Paul. The campus moved to its present location in St. Bonifacius, just west of Minneapolis. In 1992, the college was renamed Crown College.
Crown College offers students Christ-centered education with both on-campus and online degree programs. The college has been listed as one of the 50 Colleges That Add the Most Value by Money Magazine and places in the top 15 percent of Money’s Best Colleges list. Christian Universities Online ranks Crown as one of the top-ten best Christian colleges and it is consistently ranked among the “Best Midwest Regional Colleges” by U.S. News & World Report.
Crown’s mission is to provide biblically-based education for Christian leadership, providing students with more than simply a degree. Students are well-prepared for any career they choose to enter, whether it is nursing, teaching, business leadership or video technology. Students are provided the tools they need to benefit from the talents that God provided to them while also guiding them in Christian values that they will carry with them throughout their careers.
Featured Online Programs
Figuring out where to apply? These top, accredited schools offer a variety of online degrees. Consider one of these accredited programs, and discover their value today.
Crown College Accreditation Details
Crown College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. In addition, Crown holds the following accreditations and memberships for specific programs:
- American Association for Employment in Education
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Association of Christian Schools International
- Association of Christians in Student Development
- Association of Governing Boards
- Board of Teaching of the State of Minnesota
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- Council for Independent Colleges
- Minnesota Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Minnesota College and University Career Services Association
- Minnesota College and University Professional Association
- Minnesota Office of Higher Education
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- National Association of Colleges and Employers
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- North American Coalition for Christian Admissions Professionals
- Upper Midwest Association of College Registrars and Admissions Officers
Crown College Application Requirements
Undergraduate students who wish to attend on-campus classes must complete an application for admission and complete the Spiritual Life Essay. An official high school transcript must be submitted as well as official transcripts from any colleges or universities attended. In addition, students must provide official SAT or ACT scores. Online students must also complete the application. Students with fewer than 24 college credits must submit a high school transcript request form. Students with college credits must also submit a college transcript request form. Students must read, sign and submit the Crown College Statement of Faith and submit a Spiritual Life Essay.
Graduate students must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university and must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher in all post-secondary academic studies. Students must have the following academic prerequisites for the programs listed below:
- International Leadership Church Development Program – 12 undergraduate semester credits of biblical and theological studies
- Ministry Leadership – 12 undergraduate semester credits of biblical and theological studies
- MBA – Financial Accounting and Corporate Finance
Students may complete Financial Accounting and Corporate Finance after beginning the MBA program, but the prerequisites must be completed before taking any MBA courses. Students must also read, sign and submit the Crown College Statement of Faith and provide a Spiritual Life Essay.
Crown College Tuition and Financial Aid
On-campus undergraduate tuition at Crown College is $23,540 per year and online tuition is $415 per credit hour. Graduate tuition is $460 per credit hour except for MBA courses which are $495 per credit hour.
Financial aid is available at Crown College. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Scholarships and grants are available for both on-campus and online students at Crown College. Students may qualify for loans in the form of direct subsidized, unsubsidized, direct Parent PLUS, Federal Perkins or private student loans. On-campus students may also qualify for student-work programs in order to help fund their education.
Crown College Online Degree(s) Available
The Bachelor of Science degree at Crown College is designed for individuals who want to help others from a faith-based perspective. Crown offers one of the few undergraduate psychology degrees in the country with a Christ-centered approach to counseling.
The program includes a solid foundation in psychological theory and is distinctive from other programs as it provides counseling training from a Christian perspective. Students are provided focuses learning in order to develop skills they can use in any career. In addition to core classes, coursework includes:
- Concepts of Global and Ethical Leadership
- Apologetics and Christian Evidences
- Christian Faith and Reason
- Foundations of Christian Thought
- Systematic Theology I and II
- Survey of Biblical Literature
- History of the Old Testament
- History of the New Testament
- General Psychology
- Development Psychology
- Social Science Research Methods
- Personality Theories
- Abnormal Psychology
- Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Methods of Counseling
- Diversity Issues in Counseling
- Social Psychology
- Group Dynamics
- Crisis Intervention
- Statistical Concepts
- Marriage and Family Counseling
The program is offered completely online and offers a specific curriculum focus. Students may also add a minor in Drug and Alcohol Counseling. The program requires students to complete between 125 and 131 credits in order to receive their degree.
Crown College has been providing Christ-centered education for almost 100 years. Their online programs allow students who have work, family and social obligations to achieve their higher education goals. Crown College offers graduate and undergraduate degrees that allow working adults to move into a new career or advance in their current career with flexible courses that not only provide a strong foundation in the subject matter but also provide students with the tools they need to live a faith-based life throughout their career.
A master's degree in counseling online provides an affordable option for students interested in helping people through challenges and difficulties. See our rankings for details.
When choosing between a Psy.D. and a Ph.D., psychology students can find help from this guide. The best path hinges on interests and career goals.
A master's in psychology prepares students for rewarding careers in schools, research, or social services.