Are you ready to discover your college program?
Becoming a counselor is an incredibly rewarding choice for turning your sympathetic nature, good listening skills, and encouraging spirit into a career helping others. Counselors have the opportunity to form professional relationships for empowering diverse individuals to achieve their mental health, education, and career goals.
Whether you're interested in marriage and family, school, career, clinical, community, substance abuse, or rehabilitation counseling, you'll find that all counseling specialties offer a strong sense of fulfillment in watching others make strides of progress in their lives.
At Best Counseling Degrees, we're committed to helping qualified individuals with the potential to positively contribute to the counseling field. We strongly believe that no promising new counselors should be turned away simply due to financial circumstances. That's why we have established the $2,000 Counseling Scholarship to help lower tuition prices for outstanding undergraduate and/or graduate students seeking to enter this extraordinary profession. Our goal is to assist aspiring counselors lower their out-of-pocket educational costs to attending a first-rate accredited counseling degree program. We will be awarding this one-time scholarship twice a year to recognize and support counseling students with a passion for improving others' well-being.
Featured Online Programs
Figuring out where to apply? These top, accredited schools offer a variety of online degrees. Consider one of these accredited programs, and discover their value today.
Best Counseling Degrees Counseling Scholarship Applicants Must:
• Be an undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled at an accredited higher learning institution.
• Have U.S. citizenship.
• Be pursuing a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree in counseling.
• Maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.00 or better on official transcripts emailed directly from the high school, college or university.
• Exhibit a commitment to the counseling profession through leadership in the school and/or community and participation in activities/research related to counseling.
• Print and complete the scholarship application.
• Submit one (1) cover letter and resume with one (1) 500-1,000-word personal essay describing your career aspirations as a counselor, why you chose the counseling field, or how you hope to make an impact on the lives of others.
• Attach letter(s) of recommendation from faculty advisors. Include at least one letter, but no more than three please.
Applications must be submitted before the deadlines on April 15th and November 15th. Award recipients will be notified by email and U.S. mail about their selection within one month of the deadline.
Criteria for Selecting Scholarship Winners:
After all applications have been received, the Best Counseling Degrees scholarship committee will carefully review all candidates' materials. Final selections will be based on academic record, participation in school and/or community activities, letters of recommendation, and how well the personal essay highlights applicants' career aspirations in counseling. Depending on the number of qualified finalists chosen, an interview via video conferencing may be required.
Scholarship Notification Process:
By May 15th or December 15th, the award winner(s) will be chosen and notified via email and in a letter with a check made payable to their college or university of choice, unless other arrangements have been agreed upon. Recipients will be responsible for ensuring the check is appropriately forwarded to their school's financial aid office to support their tuition costs. Only award recipients will receive a letter from Best Counseling Degrees, so those not selected will receive no notification.
Contact/Application Submissions Information:
If you have questions or are ready to submit your application materials, send your email to email@example.com. Please include all required application materials as attachments in a single email if possible. Send your applications by midnight on April 15th or November 15th to be considered for this counseling scholarship opportunity!