Creighton University is home to Best Counseling Degrees’ top low-cost online graduate program. Housed in the university’s Education Department, the Master of Science in School Counseling & Preventive Mental Health is designed to prepare competent school counselors. The online degree program explores challenging areas of youth development, from bullying to drug use to self-esteem. Students in the program may specialize in areas such as counseling in elementary school or secondary school settings, or in guidance counseling in pre-kindergarten to twelfth-grade environments.
Upon completion of 600 hours of internship, students will meet the requirements for Nebraska school counseling certification. Students from other states can work with an adviser to tailor their program to meet their state certification requirements. Creighton students can earn a low-cost MS in School Counseling & Preventive Mental Health in approximately two years of study. Students have the option to apply to the program through Creighton’s Magis Catholic Teacher Corps, a specialized learning experience that prepares teachers for Catholic schools.
- Data-Driven Perspectives in School Counseling
- Diagnosis & Mental Health Issues in Children & Adolescents
- Ethical Guidelines for School Counselors
- Issues in Child & Adolescent Development for School Counselors
- School Justice & Diversity in School Counseling
- Cost: $15,300
- Credits Required: 36-39
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission