As part of the Behavioral Sciences Online Department, Liberty's master of arts in marriage and family therapy is one of the best low-cost programs for helping individuals become licensed marriage and family therapists. This affordable marriage and family program uses a systems theory and Christian perspective to train students to provide effective intervention for clients with critical needs. Career opportunities in this field include positions in in-hospital programs, in-residential treatment centers, and mental health facilities.
After completing the coursework requirements, graduates will be ready to pursue licensure as a marriage and family therapist in Virginia and other states that accept Virginia licensure. Most Liberty graduate students earn this degree in about 2.5 years. Applicants must turn in a completed application, official college transcripts indicating a minimum 2.7 GPA, two references, and a personal statement.
- Assessment Techniques in Counseling
- Theories of Family Systems
- Substance Abuse: Treatment and Diagnosis
- Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment Planning in Family Counseling
- Advanced Couple and Marital Counseling
- Cost: $33,900
- Credits Required: 60
- Accreditation: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges