SDSU, a public university in San Diego, California, offers an online master of science in rehabilitation counseling. Open to students outside San Diego County, the 60-credit program typically takes three years to complete. Graduates work in a diverse collection of rehabilitation settings, from schools to community agencies. Some graduates specialize in patients with a specific type of disability, while others work with a wider range of clients.
All students take the same sequence of courses. Heavily focused on the practical applications of learned skills, the program begins fieldwork experiences in the first year. Students complete three practicum placements, followed by two internships.
- Medical and Psychological Aspects of Disability
- Theory & Process of Counseling
- Case Management and Rehabilitation Services
- Seminar in Rehabilitation: Organization Development
- Policy & Governance in Disability & Postsecondary Systems
- Cost: $9,570 per year (in-state) / $16,698 per year (out-of-state)
- Credits Required: 60 credits
- Accreditation: Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission