ASU, a public university in Alamosa, Colorado, offers an online doctorate in counselor education and supervision. Applicants should hold a master's degree from a Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP)-accredited program. Students holding non-accredited master's degrees may need to complete remedial coursework before beginning their doctoral program.
The program prepares students for leadership positions in the counseling field and work as practitioners, researchers, or educators. In addition to coursework, the curriculum also includes a practicum, an internship with both teaching and supervision components, and a dissertation. Though classes take place online, all students must participate in four one-week summer residencies.
- Advanced Multicultural and Ethical Issues
- Instructional Theory in Counselor Education
- Advanced Group Counseling
- Seminar in Counselor Education
- Seminar: Program Evaluation and Grant Writing
- Cost: $575 per credit
- Credits Required: 66
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission